Hello U lot

Guest J.A.C.

Guest J.A.C.

Hi just to say hello to you all & what an excellent site Sheffield History is. My name is Jim,I live in South Sheffield my main interest is photography and with only three posts under my belt I hope to contribute more in the future. Might I make a suggestion, why not ask members to keep a look out for things made in Sheffield i.e. the winding gear that I posted earlier, get them to take pictures etc. What I mean is things made in Sheffield but not actually in Sheffield & offer possibly a tee shirt for the most unusual / Farthest away / its history / function etc. Keep up the good work.

Regards

Jim. lol

Guest tsavo

Hi Jim, Welcome to Sheffield History. Good suggestion. I always check the cutlery when eating in restaurants. My late brother in law, insisted on Sheffield eating irons in his Nairobi restaurant. Keep posting.

Hi Jim,

Great idea regarding the pics - and good to have you onboard

Many thanks for joining (genuinely - we appreciate all our members taking the time to register) and we hope you enjoy the site for many years to come !

Hi Jim, Welcome to Sheffield History. Good suggestion. I always check the cutlery when eating in restaurants. My late brother in law, insisted on Sheffield eating irons in his Nairobi restaurant. Keep posting.

Many years ago my boss was in London on business and was taken to dinner in one of the top hotels. While they were waiting for their meal the head waiter came to the table and asked if everything was satisfactory. Joking, my boss said " Actually no, this isn't Sheffield cutlery". With no more ado the chap clicked his fingers, a word to a waiter, and the whole table was cleared by bundling up the cloth and whisking it away, and the table immediately reset with Sheffield's finest!