Smith Street Shop

Guest sheffbusman

Guest sheffbusman

I live on Smith street in Chapeltown, I was talking to an ex-neighbour today, who lived on Smith street for over 50 years, she told me that the last house on the right No' 63 used to be a shop when she first lived there, at some point it was also a sandwich shop that served the Parramore's foundry, now Nether Ley Ave!

Does anyone have any recolection of this? any inormation or pictures would be very helpful, thanks

Guest sheffbusman

I live on Smith street in Chapeltown, I was talking to an ex-neighbour today, who lived on Smith street for over 50 years, she told me that the last house on the right No' 63 used to be a shop when she first lived there, at some point it was also a sandwich shop that served the Parramore's foundry, now Nether Ley Ave!

Does anyone have any recolection of this? any inormation or pictures would be very helpful, thanks

Got this from Sheffield Forum

No 63 was the "top" shop on Smith street. In was run by the Hendrys before being taken over by the Hardwicks and finally Christine Cooper.( Then it was known as Christines shop! ) It reverted to being a house around the time when Parramores closed.

No 13 was Garratts shop.