Lner Timetable Poster Darnall & Woodhouse

madannie77

Not the only overpriced item to appear on eBay today madannie.

We now have the £75 rail poster and the £24.50 postcard.

Railwayana goes for high prices Dave, that must be the going rate, don't know never seen one of these on EBAY before

The small A5 flyers can go for a few quid, again like the other item, it all depends on who's bidding.

This seller always seems to be asking too much, in my opinion. It must be said, however, that this is a large poster and is probably very rare: there would not have been many of these printed as it is only for two stations. Still beyond my means, unfortunately: I can't even persuade my other half to buy it for me as a Christmas present. :(

This seller always seems to be asking too much, in my opinion. It must be said, however, that this is a large poster and is probably very rare: there would not have been many of these printed as it is only for two stations. Still beyond my means, unfortunately: I can't even persuade my other half to buy it for me as a Christmas present. :(

Railway and Model Railway stuff always seems to fetch high prices on EBAY, this item is rare, its hard to imagine how some of these old posters survive, in 1938 you can't imagine railway staff being careful when removing posters etc

Railwayana goes for high prices Dave, that must be the going rate, don't know never seen one of these on EBAY before

The small A5 flyers can go for a few quid, again like the other item, it all depends on who's bidding.

I would imagine that these posters are used in railway stations for a short period of time until they become out of date and then they are removed.

As posters are traditionally pasted to a board removing them with water, like stripping wallpaper would destroy them and there would be few surviving posters that had been used, and even those that did survive are unlikely to be in good condition.

I suspect that those that come up for sale were for some reason unused as displays when they were issued and so are likely to be bother RARE and in EXCELLENT CONDITION due to being unsused, but dependent on their subsequent storage.

This alone would entitle them to command a high price.