£24.50 For A Postcard !

RichardB

Most likely thrown in the bin, because no one bought it <_<

lol

Could depend upon how much he paid to buy it himself.

If he was done and paid a lot for it he may just want to recoup his losses. ;-)

This one sold for £54.00 !!!! a few hours ago.

'Brushmakers Arms' Pond Hill,Sheffield c.1880,

an antique postard of 'the Brushmakers Arms, Pond Hill' Sheffield.

Written on the back is 'Brushmakers arms' pond hill, sheffield. pulled down in `1890 opposite '' Old Queens Head'' ( formerly the castle laundry) now part of Joseph Rodgers and sons works. a very early photographic scene taken in 1881

This is a quiet village lane, with mother in the doorway of the old cottage, a child in her fathers arms sitting on the garden fence dressed in costume of the day.

Link to ebay item

Had me bewildered for nigh on three hours ... which is nice.

(May be worth putting a copy of this thread in "Pubs" please.)

I have this cracked; I had it down as "Bushmakers", 31 Pond Hill, with no known keepers.

However, I now have a couple of keepers - male - occupation Brushmakes, beerhouse & shopkeeper (1833, 1837 & 1849) - followed, presumably by his wife in 1852.

Let's see what UKL makes of it.

I have this cracked; I had it down as "Bushmakers", 31 Pond Hill, with no known keepers.

However, I now have a couple of keepers - male - occupation Brushmakes, beerhouse & shopkeeper (1833, 1837 & 1849) - followed, presumably by his wife in 1852.

Let's see what UKL makes of it.

Any reason why we can't use the photo on here ?

This one sold for £54.00 !!!! a few hours ago.

'Brushmakers Arms' Pond Hill,Sheffield c.1880,

an antique postard of 'the Brushmakers Arms, Pond Hill' Sheffield.

Written on the back is 'Brushmakers arms' pond hill, sheffield. pulled down in `1890 opposite '' Old Queens Head'' ( formerly the castle laundry) now part of Joseph Rodgers and sons works. a very early photographic scene taken in 1881

This is a quiet village lane, with mother in the doorway of the old cottage, a child in her fathers arms sitting on the garden fence dressed in costume of the day.

Link to ebay item

Not bad from a starting price of 99p!The jump from £18 odd to £53 looks like soneone was trying to knock out the other bidders but failed!

and my maximum was £53

I don't think

My maximum for a postcard is 3d from a rotary stand outside a gift shop in Cleethorpes with a good cartoon inuendo joke on the front!

..and I expect that to include a second class postage stamp. lol

I wonder if this one will break the £54 barrier?

An original printed photographic postcard of Sheffield United's Bramall Lane Football Ground, 1907.

Current bid: £33.00 [ 12 bids ] Time left: 2 hrs 30 mts.

Link .. ebay.co.uk

I wonder if this one will break the £54 barrier?

An original printed photographic postcard of Sheffield United's Bramall Lane Football Ground, 1907.

Current bid: £33.00 [ 12 bids ] Time left: 2 hrs 30 mts.

Link .. ebay.co.uk

With the attention football related items receive, and the fact that it is at £33 already it could just about do the £54+

But then again there are only a couple of hours left, so perhaps not.

Be interesting to see what it does go for.

With the attention football related items receive, and the fact that it is at £33 already it could just about do the £54+

But then again there are only a couple of hours left, so perhaps not.

Be interesting to see what it does go for.

A mere £37.00 was the final amount, which is just about what the whole club is worth now lol.

Picks up blue & white scarf and runs for the hills.

A mere £37.00 was the final amount, which is just about what the whole club is worth now lol.

Picks up blue & white scarf and runs for the hills.

So football fans are not as "football crazy" as I imagined then and do have some financial sense.

How about £15.00 for a photograph of tramcar 189 :o

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item4397ad9747

EDIT

or £20.00 for tramcar 222 :o:o

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item334f387ee1

I suppose the fact that these photos have been on offer on ebay for quite some time tells its own story

That seller tends to cycle through the same stock but these prices seem higher than his normal pricees.

Its not as he is selling original photos, they are digital copies.

That seller tends to cycle through the same stock but these prices seem higher than his normal pricees.

Its not as he is selling original photos, they are digital copies.

Indeed, there are plenty at £2.00, which I still think is quite a large sum for prints. I tend to buy at rail events & bus rallies at much lower prices.

And it is nice that some of the images on ebay aren't watermarked and are quite a nice size!

Indeed, there are plenty at £2.00, which I still think is quite a large sum for prints. I tend to buy at rail events & bus rallies at much lower prices.

And it is nice that some of the images on ebay aren't watermarked and are quite a nice size!

I the remember the days when that seller did not watermark any of his items