The brewer was Stones:
The Cannon Brewery was originally in Acorn Street, see map below. Stones put in a claim after the 1864 Sheffield Flood:
In 1827 Green and Hatfield were brewing at the Neepsend (Burton Road) Brewery, by 1862 they were Shepherd and Hatfield, in 1865 Henry Strouts (originally an East Kent hop family) and Thomas Harryman purchased the brewery - then run as Strouts and Harryman, later Strouts, Harryman and Waterman, but when Charles Waterman left the name reverted to Strouts and Co. Strouts amalgamated with Tennants in 1918. By 1965 the Burton Road buildings were used partly by Stones as garage premises, and partly by Turton Brothers and Matthews as their Magnet Works.
In 1867 Stones built the Rutland Road brewery, across the road from the Neepsend / Burton Road Brewery, taking the established Cannon Brewery name for it. The Acorn Street site was disposed of by early 1868.