Wiley & Co Ltd

ex cavator

hi ! ive had this fantastic wiley and co framed picture for many years and ive always wondered where abouts it was taken ! thanks . kev

hi ! ive had this fantastic wiley and co framed picture for many years and ive always wondered where abouts it was taken ! thanks . kev

I've seen this picture before somewhere , I think it's on one of the posts somewhere.

It does say " Old No 12 " above the door.

I've seen this picture before somewhere , I think it's on one of the posts somewhere.

It does say " Old No 12 " above the door.

yes it does say old no 12 above the door ! im hoping the experts on here could tell me the street this building is on and maybe a bit more about the place . kev

yes it does say old no 12 above the door ! im hoping the experts on here could tell me the street this building is on and maybe a bit more about the place . kev

That building - Haymarket Old No. 12 1905 ??

Also at Hartshead, Dove & Rainbow.

(Site timing out)

SH link

Whites 1857

Wiley & Co., wine, spirit, & porter mchts., news agents, &c., Old No. 12 Old Haymarket

=====================

(SHEFFIELD AND ROTHERHAM ALMANACK). SHEFFIELD AND ROTHERHAM FARMERS' AND SPORTING POCKET ALMANACK FOR 1886,

with a list of prices at the Old No. 12, wholesale and retail wine and spirit establishment, opposite the Norfolk Market Hall, Old Haymarket, Sheffield.Wiley & Co Sheffield 1886.

Source

thanks everyone ! heres some of my wileys bottles that may have been sold in the shop in the picture ! if anyone on the forum ever comes across any wileys bottles or sheffield bottles that are for sale please let me know . thanks . kevin

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2010 at 18:06, ex cavator said:

post-6452-048408900%201291226224_thumb.jpg thanks everyone ! heres some of my wileys bottles that may have been sold in the shop in the picture ! if anyone on the forum ever comes across any wileys bottles or sheffield bottles that are for sale please let me know . thanks . kevin

Hi Kev

I have just listed a Wiley & Co Stoneware Flagon on Ebay, I would take it off sale if you were interested. I also have a Sheffield Mineral Water Syndicate Flagon which I will not list yet if you want a photograph let me know

John

P1160643.JPG