W Gillott & Son

SteveHB

thanks syrup, not sure about or when or even if its the same co, somehow tricketts did become involved, and stevehb thankyou ur link is the same as mine the fashioning of mother of pearl with my grandfather herbert arnold on the diamond saw and the bits in my ranting :-)

I really thank you for all your help. I found the link a few years before my fathers death and contacted them, they have sent it me on dvd and my father got to watch it for the first time. He also sent vhs of his next step. tad boring with sound and colour:-), i did search but not showing , i know there are others that were made and well we have never had time or equipment to go through all cini film we hold.

one more thing george william did have a brother edmund arnold also not sure how or what part he played in the company and george named his son after him, as i have from joseph william my great uncle.

Still searching for Kit still not sure if she was sibling or an aunt, i just have great aunt kit working out if she was great aunt or great great aunt, perhaps syrup can help ythe first article i hold in her scrap book is from independant sheffield tittled cooking as a creative art a plea for home made fare by kathrine gillott, first class domestic sience diplomee, the next is dated 25th september1930 the creattive art of cooking 2 home made preserves by katherine gillott, i know there are 5 of these books i have no idea where mine falls into the 5 the rest are in south africa with my auntie ann, my grandmother left me this one.

Before the cookery there are cuttings democritus 9 pages of, the next scrap book is a cutting listed NO a letter home (from one in france), The next page is the battle of jutlandand she has marked the corners in ink, 4 on page jutland top left and bottom right same marks triumph of the strong next page first things first, the ideal democracy, road to wealth, next page is cut off only shows august 29 1914 mil pic heading of the coloum is saw the kaiser off, next page english educationist elated by toronto schools and libary, in her hand in ink is dated 1929, next american thing is but is dated by pape.january 20 1917r more cookery then shefield weekly and idols and ideals , visit to sheffield ethical society

dated by sheffield weekly jan 20th 1917, i would love to know whom this spinster suffroggete was, i always heard she was eccentric

steve hb sorry but i found ur repaired link dad finallly and many sheffield cutlers books hold his picture will get bk morrow when i go to nursing home to fetch my mum, the one sheffield cutlers that show my father has his name incorrect :-)

syrup thanks so much for that but nothing rings bell or means anything, after taking mum out 2day katherine was not herbert or josephs sibbling, but was a gillott and scarey thought i hold some resemblence, mum gets tad muddled but thinks she was their aunt, apparantly she had sibblings harry and a sister non ever married, she thinks the sister did begin with e possibly edna but not sure, nor am i anymore. as i said as far as i knew my gramps and my great uncle but whom was always known as great aunt kit also has huge impact on my memory. I feel i am taking up your time but wen subscribsing 2 certain sites i come up with nothing...... , i do now have article no's of great aunt kits coloum the last entry in her scrap book, top and bottom of her page are gone in her hand no 160 article no 2/11/23 apples

:-) feel like i sud not be asking questioning and maybe i will never know , so sorry for as i feel pestering

Re:" formydadmg " posting on August 4, 2012, I may be way out of time here but I've only just come upon Sheffield History. I lived only 100 yards away from Herbert Arnold Gillott's family on Hoober Avenue, near High Storrs, Sheffield, in the 1940's and 50's. Michael was a few years older than me but we knew one anorher well. My great memory is of Michael occasionally driving us to school (King Edwards) in a Sheffield United coach that was contracted to do the school run, presumably when there was trouble with the Corporation transport. Michael had got a PSV licence and drove part-time for SUT.

We also treasure a beautiful mother-of-pearl coffee spoon and small butter knife that the Gillott family gave us for a wedding present in 1962. We left Sheffield to live in Worksop after we were married and I heard no more about Michael and his sister, Ann.

Hi All

I remember working with Michael Gillatt, as a young Coach Driver at SUT (National Travel East) at Charlotte Rd back in the late 1970s... I later met up with him again about 10 years later working for Richardsons Travel he was working there like myself has a part time Coach Driver, New to the forum I am very sad to see that Michael died in 2011 he was a nice kind and helpful guy and help me a lot at that time .. RIP

Dear Bryan and David,

Thank you for those kind words about my dad, coming to that time of year well feb 7th but still to close, to be yet another year without him :-), I have sent you both personal messages hope you get them. x