Wilson Tupholme, Pitsmoor

dunsbyowl1867

My great grandmother's sister married into the Tupholme family. I understand they sold furniture etc on credit. That must of been of help to cash strapped working families - but how did they treat their customers - anyone any further information or memories?

Guest AnnH

My great grandmother's sister married into the Tupholme family. I understand they sold furniture etc on credit. That must of been of help to cash strapped working families - but how did they treat their customers - anyone any further information or memories?

Hello

I too had a great grandmother's sister who married into the Tupholme family. Her name was Agnes Rodgers and she married Wilson Tupholme in 1882. They never had any children. I have a couple of photos, one of Wilson and Agnes' wedding if you're interested

Would love to hear from you - kind regards, Ann

Hello

I too had a great grandmother's sister who married into the Tupholme family. Her name was Agnes Rodgers and she married Wilson Tupholme in 1882. They never had any children. I have a couple of photos, one of Wilson and Agnes' wedding if you're interested

Wilson TUPHOLME House furnisher 177 Pyebank Kelly's 1893

Wilson TUPHOLME (Limited) house furnishers 290 Pitsmoor Road White's 1919

Wilson TUPHOLME Managing director (Wilson Tupholme Limited) h. 288 Pitsmoor Road White's 1919

Wilson TUPHOLME (Ltd.) house furnishers 290 Pitsmoor Road Kelly's 1925

Wilson TUPHOLME Managing director (Wilson Tupholme Ltd.) h. 288 Pitsmoor Road Kelly's 1925

I'm not related, I've also never noticed this thread before ...

Hello

Hello Ann - My Greatgrandmother was Emma Morris and her sister Bertha married Wilson's brother William in 1901 - I think!

Morris Bertha Sheffield 9c 856

TUPHOLME William Edward Sheffield 9c 856

Hello Ann - My Greatgrandmother was Emma Morris and her sister Bertha married Wilson's brother William in 1901 - I think!

Morris Bertha Sheffield 9c 856

TUPHOLME William Edward Sheffield 9c 856

I know Bertha & William had at least one child - sadly was killed in WW2

http://www.cwgc.org/search/casualty_details.aspx?casualty=2033063

Would love to see your photos. Please get in touch.

Paul

Our familiy has in its possession a copy of a pocket diary - the Methodist Pocketbook for 1831. As well as window tax rates, a brief history of Methodism, hackney cab rates and other such useful information, there is space for appointments, one week to a page like a modern pocket diary.

Inside the front cover are two names - Mary Wilson, Partney, Lincolnshire, and ??? T Tupholme, Horncastle. There is only one entry in the whole year - for Tuesday June 7th, as follows:

Mr Tupholme & I were married at Toynton St Peter this day. I went to Skegness for dinner & returned to Partney in the evening

Partney and Toynton are both near Spilsby, and Tupholme is a village near Horncastle.

I know it was the custom to give one's grandmother's maiden name as a forename, so could these be Wilson Tupholme's paternal grandparents?

I don't know how the pocketbook came into our hands, but intriguingly there is a Sheffield connection - My great grandfather Rev Rutland Spooner was a Methodist minister who lived in Sheffield from (I think) 1911 to his death in 1935.

Agnes Rodgers marriage Arp-Jun 1882.

Love to see any photos - of anything !

Hello

Hi,

I am fascinated to find this thread because my Grandad's great Auntie was Agnes Rodgers. Agnes I believe had 4 sisters (Ann, Mary, Frances and Alice) and 3 brothers.(George, Herbert and James). Her father and mother were George Rodgers and Ann Carter. My Grandad was Jack Rodgers and he died ten years ago. If there are any photos of Agnes I would be so grateful to see them. I notice that this thread started some years ago but hopefully my post will be seen!