Corner Pin

Stuart0742

Passed here today - Corner Pin Carlisle St

Question is is it a beer only pub? did not have time to go in

If not at least we know who the landlord is

Hi Stuart I've known this pub many years, l cannot say for sure but it's a good bet that it has a full licence, it was a very busy pub in its heyday, Cheers mines a pint Arthur.[skeets]

Hi Stuart I've known this pub many years, l cannot say for sure but it's a good bet that it has a full licence, it was a very busy pub in its heyday, Cheers mines a pint Arthur.[skeets]

The sign says they sell Porter

Exactly what was Porter, can't say in all my years of drinking I have ever seen or tried it

This is what I came up with ...

Porter

This style of beer is named after to Porters of London's Victoria Station who would frequently mix several styles of beer into one glass and drink large quantities of the mixture. A style was eventually created to approximate this blend and came to be known as a Porter. Eventually the alcohol content of Porter was increased and it slowly evolved into stout. Most modern stouts, however, use roast barley and have a more bitter flavour than porter.

More here from CAMRA

This is what I came up with ...

Porter

This style of beer is named after to Porters of London's Victoria Station who would frequently mix several styles of beer into one glass and drink large quantities of the mixture. A style was eventually created to approximate this blend and came to be known as a Porter. Eventually the alcohol content of Porter was increased and it slowly evolved into stout. Most modern stouts, however, use roast barley and have a more bitter flavour than porter.

More here from CAMRA

Thanks Steve

Can you still get Porter though

Remember one Xmas about 25 years ago going into this pub at lunch time.Landlord kicked us out about 5 so he could get something to eat and a tidy up we were back in drinking at around 5:45. can't remember what time that night we left What a session!!!!!!!!!