One if you're interested in the Romans in Sheffield

Bayleaf

Britain’s ‘Forgotten Frontier’

Excavation of Roman and earlier remains at Whirlow

Public lecture by Dr Clive Waddington (ARS Ltd)

March 2017, 7pmthKing Ecgbert School, Dore on 30

During 2016 The Time Travellers, a local archaeology group based in south-west Sheffield, led a Heritage Lottery funded project at Whirlow Hall Farm. It included fieldwalking, geophysical surveying and a three week excavation.

Clive’s talk will reveal our new discoveries of Roman Sheffield and the ‘forgotten frontier’ that runs through our city. Other discoveries dating from the Stone Age to Iron Age will also be discussed as Clive takes us on a journey through time.  

The Time Travellers will host this event in the main hall of King Ecgbert School, Totley Brook Road, Sheffield, S17 3QU, where finds will also be on show.

Entrance is free and doors will open at 6.30pm when refreshments will be available.  The presentation will start at 7pm and last approximately 1 hour, followed by an opportunity to look at some of the artefacts.

Car parking is available at the school. Seating is limited to 300 and as we are expecting a large attendance please arrive in good time to get a seat.

To learn more about The Time Travellers and the project visit:

www.thetimetravellers.org.uk

I did some digging on this excavation and let me tell you that this talk will be well worth going to. Some pretty amazing discoveries were made.

I'm guessing the 'on 30' should be before the 'March 2017'

Which is a pity as I will be away...at the Theoretical Roman Archaeology Conference in Durham.

Hugh