Castlefolds

southside

Some help required!

A builder I worked with had the same make of vans as the two in this photograph.

The manufacture`s and year`s of production of the vehicle`s will help with setting up a timeline

Thanks Southside

VAN.jpg

3 hours ago, southside said:

Some help required!

A builder I worked with had the same make of vans as the two in this photograph.

The manufacture`s and year`s of production of the vehicle`s will help with setting up a timeline

Thanks Southside

VAN.jpg

The van on the left looks like an Austin A152 forward control van (also sold as Austin J2 and Morris J2) They were made between 1956 and 1967. They were the ones with a reversed gear change gate, low gear stick positions on the off side of the vehicle.

The one on the right looks to me like one of the Austin half ton vans, the hub caps look Austin and I think I can see the flying A bonnet badge but I can't see the moulding line down the wing.

37 minutes ago, Jim Bowles said:

The one on the right looks more like a Standard Vanguard van to me

IMG_3343.JPG

I see what you mean but flared wheel arches, hub caps and bumper don't look like a Standard and the wings look level with the bonnet. It's a pity we could not see just a bit more of it.

Just realized the Morris ½-ton series III did not have the moulding line on the wing but was otherwise similar , so if it is one of them it was built between 56 and 62.  

15015901623_30672a2191_z.jpg