Help needed - Sheffield Victoria Station entrance

Sheffield History

Sheffield Victoria Train Station.jpg

Here's a photo of the side entrance to Sheffield's Victoria Train Station.

Question is where exactly was it?

This is pure speculation, as I cannot find any other view of this entrance, nor it marked anywhere on a map of the station or surrounding area. But, taking into consideration:

• The slight downslope from left to right (notice the taper in the step)
  • The fact there is "Parking For B.T.C. (British Transport Commission) Owned Vehicles Only
  • The timber cladding above the brickwork may be a baustrade for the foot bridge above

The location may be on the side wall, just opposite and slightly to the left of the main entrance to the hotel? The images attached show red circles at the point of the station wall on where this entrance may have been located and the green arrow on the map could possibly be the point at where the photograph was taken?

Of course I may be way off, but this is the only place I can see in the area that is adjacent to a roadway, has a wall of a suitable height and construction and provides access to the station. I'd welcome any comments or anyone who knows where it actually was?

VicStat_Side Ent_1954Map.JPG

VicStat_Side Ent_1964PS.JPG

VicStat_Side Ent_1967PS.JPG

VicStat_Side Ent_BFA.JPG

VicStat_Side Ent_BFA2.JPG

Well done.

Your assumption is correct.

In the photo which I'm posting, you can see the clock tower from the side and the wall, timber cladding and lights are shown to be the same. 

Vic-Station-1975-side-wall.jpg