VIDEO of Sheffield in 1973!

Sheffield History

Sunblest delivery fan sheffield.jpg

This is a really great video of Sheffield. Everything that happens in this video was shot in one day on Wednesday 5th September 1973, using several film crews each with a different assignment.

One to follow a man retiring on his 65th birthday, the hospital, the Police service, a funeral, Dunford Hadfields from where the man was retiring, the local newspaper, the slaughterhouse, and some long shots taken from different points in the city, showing the landscape, including at one point a breathtaking view of Hyde Park

Also footage of a Sunblest delivery van in an accident!

I can so relate to this video..Back then went to Hope valley in identical Sunblest van with Dave Baldwin a mate of mine at the time, a bit earlier than this video. Worked in forge at Browne Baileys 1968 on train wheels similar to that on video. Got married at that old register office in 1970, Worked on the abatour roof in 78 scaffolding then went inside to meet  the workersand saw all the slaughter area with the cows getting the hilti spike in the top of the head, ...that rumbler with the sheep in was to remove the hairs of the body, it was like sand paper lined inside the rumbler...and The Black Swan part is brill...I posiibly was in the Swan that day watching the dancers... i used to frequent there most dinner times after the morning shift in the rolling mills where i worked near Town..I,m sure that girl was called either Tina or Kathy..AKA tantilising Tina And curvacious Kathy...if the footage had have gone on a bit longer it would have shown her topless, ha them shows were regular in the week in the afternoons and saturday dinnertime too...they also included Mighty Melvin the male stripper and resident topless Booby Ann a giant of a girl. Great times and def the best times of The Black Swan when Terry Steeples was landlord...The days of Joe Cocker and Marty Caine and the Fabulous Disco's...(three mimes) and not forgeting Top covers band fronted by Barry Marshall superb vocalist..."Bitter Suite" sheffields Best at the time. Yes This video was great to watch. Took me back 45 yrs in a blip. Thanks for putting it on here. Made me feel 20 again.

Picture is me and mate Done Savage back then.

everly Brothers Phil and don. 1974 ish..jpg