Pink Floyd's Love In

Sheffield History

1967 was an eventful year for Pink Floyd. They released their seminal album, Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, setting the precedent for all psychedelic rock music to follow. It was also the last year Syd Barrett would spend with the group, leaving in early 1968.

In between all this, Pink Floyd played two gigs in Sheffield. The latter, in November was at Sheffield's City Hall, sharing the bill with Jimi Hendrix, The Move, Amen Corner and The Nice amongst others.

The first gig, in May, shortly before the release of Piper.. was at the legendary Mod club, King Mojo. On Sunday the 7th of May Pink Floyd played a Love-in 'Happening' at the Mojo Club - a rare all day event, charging only 5 shillings addmission - 25p in modern British money!!

Black T-shirt is pictured with Silver and Pink print. Also available in Long Sleeve and Ladies Skinny Fit T-shirts.

CLICK HERE FOR MOJO CLUB MERCHANDISE FROM ATOM RETRO

Guest Atom Retro

This is one poster that we haven't been able to find out much about, except the info above. All we know is a couple of songs from the set list and that the 'Love in' was a all day event and other bands played too - but who?

Anyone got any more info on this gig? Was anybody there? It must have been pretty special as Pink Floyd would have been just on the edge of mega stardom at that time - well known but not yet international superstars.

I was there at the Pink Floyd Love in gig at the Mojo club. Its a bit hard remembering a set list though!

I know Peter and Geoff booked them on the strength of their unusual single 'See Emily Play'. Of course when they played at the Mojo nothing else they played resembled that single at all! As far as I can remember they were doing their spacey long numbers tinged with rock guitar. 'Set the Controls to the Heart of the Sun' 'Interstellar Overdrive' etc. They also had an amazing light show as well. They went down very well. Really cant remember who else was on the bill - dont think there was anybody.

Guest Furahi

I was there with a friend, we got a passout and went to the Pitsmoor, Pink Floyd were there having had the same idea as us. We ended up having a coupe of drinks with them, they were very nice lads!

It may be a surprise to know that the light show they put on that night was nothing to do with drugs, it was all down to a couple of pints of Wards!