Aftermath of Heritage Conference

duckweed

Following a very successful conference we had our first post conference meeting and even though it was a work day we had 30 people turn up to take things forward. What do we want? 

https://www.2degreesnetwork.com/groups/vibrant-sheffield-community/channels/create-a-heritage-strategy/

Have a look please and like if you do. We have come further re protection of Sheffield's heritage than we have ever come before but the battle is by no means won. Council attitudes need to shift from seeing Heritage at best a vanity project and at worst something that gets in the way of progress.  

They also considered Sheffield's connectivity with the air network something of a vanity project and encouraged the small City Airports closure....progress indeed!

Personally I don't think the airport was a useful expenditure. Commercially was a disaster. Would have been better spent improving rail links to Manchester airport. Most people who want to travel internationally go to Manchester. Done it myself a few times. I'm amazed that Doncaster manages to survive. Always been Sheffield Council's problem, they think if they don't have the same things as other cities like Manchester, they have to have them and think suddenly everyone is going to change their way of doing things and flock to Sheffield. What is needed is more to push what is different in Sheffield from other cities not to clone it and take out its soul.