Coop Heeley Green

duckweed

Note that it was designed with a gateway for offroad unloading of vehices. Bring back horses and carts I say!

Funnily enough I was just looking at it Here and here on picturesheffield.com.

I do not think that back yard is used as a loading bay anymore, the delivery vehicles seem to park on the front of the shop on Gleadless Road and new stock is now taken in via the front entrance.

Fox's and Empire Rib were down Valley Road.

Steve, yes, that was my point. Lorries unload on Gleadless Road. There is a pul in area, but usually the lorry sticks out into the road, or there is a chelsea tractor parked thereand the lorry has to double park, making the left turn into Carrfield Road a bit of a nightmare for buses.

7 hours ago, Oldbloke said:

Fox's and Empire Rib were down Valley Road.

Steve, yes, that was my point. Lorries unload on Gleadless Road. There is a pul in area, but usually the lorry sticks out into the road, or there is a chelsea tractor parked thereand the lorry has to double park, making the left turn into Carrfield Road a bit of a nightmare for buses.

I know the main works were down Valley Road but this small works belonged to them too, I can't be sure if it was their repairs dept.