Old Maps Of Oughtibridge

Guest Lisa Phillipson

Guest Lisa Phillipson

Hi all I am a University or Sheffield Archaeology student and was wondering if anyone out there could help me and my project group. We are looking for old maps of Oughtibridge, the older the better. All I can find online is dated to 1800's but I am hoping to find any earlier than that if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you kindly in advance :)

Lisa, if no one can help on here I suggest you try the Central Library, Local StudiesDept. You might also try the University Library who will be able to access all UK libraries if they themselves don't have anything suitable.

I have a few but as you say they are all dated 1800s so you will have seen them.

I did look in the Local Studies library myself some years ago but couldn't find any

before the 1800s.

Have a look at this survey, it includes a map of 1789 which I take to be associated with the Inclosures of Common and waste land at Ecclesfield. The Fairbanks were involved in creating many of the inclosure plans and Sheffield Archives may hold them under either Ecclesfield Inclosures references or under Fairbanks references (probably all been put under the Fairbanks reference ACM/MAPS)

Archaaeological Survey Oughtibridge

• Like 1