Frank Cooper/annie Brocklehurst Marriage?

Herbie117

Hi, can anyone help me trace the marriage of my great grandparents Frank and Annie. I have looked on free BMD with no luck. any help appreciated. thanks

Hi

It would be useful if you could give us some dates to work around-Cooper is a common name. Where and when were Frank and Annie born? When and where was their first child born?

Sue

Hi

It would be useful if you could give us some dates to work around-Cooper is a common name. Where and when were Frank and Annie born? When and where was their first child born?

Sue

Hi Suesi, This is what I am trying to find out. Frank married annie Brocklehurst and they had children. John Willie, Beatrice, Maud (my grandmother) and Joseph. My uncle told me they came from Loxley way but I am not sure of this. Frank died in 1936 age 67 and Annie in 1938 age also 67.

A difficult one! I couldn't find a marriage record (assuming they did actually register their marriage). But they claim they married in 1892 (1911 census states they had been married for 19 years). And the 1891 census shows them living next door but 2 to each other, on Bridge street.

1911:

1891:

1891:

It's a mystery all right!

Who is the mysterious Eliza Brocklehurst? Gt Grandaughter to Jane Darwin in the 1891 census and who are her parents? She completely disappears after the 1891 census, no marriage, death or anything. Adopted perhaps, a child born out of wedlock?

Annie Darwin Brocklehurst was born in 1869 so has shaved a few years off her age by the 1911 census.

Hi

Jane Darwin-grandmother of Annie Brocklehurst-had a son Joseph b.1841.

Joseph Darwin married Fanny Brocklehurst in 1878-GRO ref Sep 1878 Sheffield 9c 561.

This was after the birth of Annie, hence the birth registration in 1869-GRo ref Sep 1869 Sheffield 9c 335.

In 1871 and 1881 Annie is living as Annie Darwin with her parents.

Hi, yes I think it is thanks Southside.

I think Elizabeth is in Burngreave cemetery, But not sure what happened to Edwin as yet.