Newbie - Sheaf Valley Festival - History Stall And Walks

Bri-Nylon

Hi i'm not really a newbie as I've been a member for four years or so, but not posted previously. I don't know why as I've often used the site to check info.

Anyway now I do have something to say - as I'm a member of Friends of Sheaf Valley Park and we are running a Sheffield Lost and Found stall at the Sheaf Valley Festival on Saturday 6 September. It will including a gigantic map of the area circa 1930 which we hope to add more local memories to, and a Lost and Found suitcase displaying C19th and C20th artefacts which we challenge visitors to match to their labels. In the afternoon we will also be running two free heritage walks which we have called 'Courts and Concrete' - one covering the area from Granville Street to the Cholera Memorial Park, and a second up to South Street and Park Hill. If we have good demand on the day we hope to run these again later in the year. Please sign up for the walks at the history stall on the day.

The festival is held each year in the amphitheatre at the back of Sheffield station and all are welcome to enjoy genuinely locally produced food, drink, music, fundraising bookstalls, donkey rides and many other family friendly festivities. Hardly anything comes from more than a mile away ! All proceeds go to the restoration and maintenance of green spaces in the area - the Cholera Memorial Park on Norfolk Road, Clay Woods, South Street Park (the Amphitheatre) and Sky Edge. More details will be on these sites shortly:

http://www.sheafvalleypark.tumblr.com

www.facebook.com/FOSVP