Which School In 1928 Onward

Guest cindy

Guest cindy

Please can you help which school would a child attend if they lived in Campo Lane & Townhead Street

in 1928 onwards please, as I am researching my Dads history.

Guest cindy

Thank you for your reply I have just tried this with not luck I tried parish records but found him at the same address as my G.Grandfather Herbert Gripton at 44 Townhead Street in the directories. I will keep trying thank you anyway.

Thank you for your reply I have just tried this with not luck I tried parish records but found him at the same address as my G.Grandfather Herbert Gripton at 44 Townhead Street in the directories. I will keep trying thank you anyway.

Unfortunately a lot of school admission registers appear to have been lost. I think Sheffield Indexers have put on the site all that are available so it may be impossible to find any actual evidence of where he went.

You could go through the Sheffield Archives School Records list to see if any of them are located near Townhead st but you will need a map of the city centre & it will be a bit tedious!

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/libraries/archives-and-local-studies/collections/school-records.html