Sheffield Regional Hospital Board

david france

Hi,

I worked at the Sheffield Regional Hospital Board, Fulwood in the late 60s in the Architect department.

I painted several murals there which were then installed in Sheffield Childrens & Nottingham Womans Hospitals.

I left to have my first baby, born Feb 1970.

Nippy

My dad, Alderman JS Worrall JP was a member of Sheffield Regional Hospital Board in the late 50's/early 60's. I was only a little kid so I can't remember any of the details. One thing I do remember is the day that a USAF plane crashed at Lodge Moor Hospital, he was part of a party who went to inspect the crash site and came back with a spark-plug. I can't remember the exact date, it was sometime in the mid/late 50's. The Sheffield Telegraph and Star both did major articles on the incident. The Sheffield Archive has a substantial amount of material related to the history of the local health services, so it's well worth booking a visit.

Wazzie Worrall

One thing I do remember is the day that a USAF plane crashed at Lodge Moor Hospital, he was part of a party who went to inspect the crash site and came back with a spark-plug. I can't remember the exact date, it was sometime in the mid/late 50's. The Sheffield Telegraph and Star both did major articles on the incident. The Sheffield Archive has a substantial amount of material related to the history of the local health services, so it's well worth booking a visit.

Wazzie Worrall

A lot of information on Chris Hobbs' website:

Plane crash at Lodge Moor, 9th December 1955