Stannington History Society

duckweed

Does anyone have contact details re this societie? I have tried through website and it will not let me post.

Is this the one?

Stannington Local History Group Stannington Local History Group arranges speakers and outings.

Meets at Lomas Hall, Church Street, S6 (Thursday). http://stanningtonhistorygroup.org.uk/ envelope.gifAddress:
52 Welbeck Road
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
S6 5AY (View Map)
wheelchairaccesssmall.gifDisabled Access Details: Wheelchair Accessible; Wheelchair Accessible Toilet;

Contact Name: Mrs J Allen-Sissons, Secretary
telephone.gifTelephone: 0114 234 2072
email.gifEmail: joyern@hotmail.co.uk

(From the Help Yourself database)

Sorry missed your reply. I am Timewalk Project coordinator we are listing all the heritage groups and linking them to the historic sites in their area on our map. We also list events and details for how anyone gets to join the group. Our idea is to promote Sheffield's heritage and give a citywide picture of what a wealth of historic sites and buildings we have. Have put in your history groups link now http://www.btck.co.uk/

For one brief moment I got my sisters former homes mixed up (one Welbeck, one on Waller), I read Welbeck Road, but had Waller Road in my mind. The Disabled Access bit on Waller Road caused me much amusement, having once helped carry one of my sisters possessions up 37 steps to her front door.

Little things amuse little minds !

MikeD - appologies for digging up the old thread, I tried to PM but cant yet.  Do you have a current contact email address for Stannington History society? br Simon.