Chapeltown's High Rise Flats

andyrad

Anyone remember the old tower blocks at Chapeltown pulled down in 1990

I never realised Chapeltown used to have high rise flats,it just goes to show

you don't miss them until they've gone.

Hi Andyrad - I remember them well as my Aunt lives up Burncross Road and have lost count of the times I have walked up and down past them before they were demolished.

They always seemed out of place with the surrounding houses and buildings and it is hard to believe they were ever there. Not the loss everything from the past needs to be mourned Great photos by the way.

Hi Andyrad - I remember them well as my Aunt lives up Burncross Road and have lost count of the times I have walked up and down past them before they were demolished.

They always seemed out of place with the surrounding houses and buildings and it is hard to believe they were ever there. Not the loss everything from the past needs to be mourned Great photos by the way.

thanks for that, yeah you soon forget they were ever there dont you...

Another shot here....

and I think this is the same block but a little more advanced demolition...

I never knew they were there, I've been driving past the baths for the past . . ten years maybe so

they might have already been demolished by then.

Well I'm sure they must have been because I would have noticed THEM. You're right

they couldn't have fitted in very well with the surrounds there.

A user of "another forum" about Sheffield thinks his mate might have cine film of the demolition so watch this space!....