The Elm Tree Manor Top

ukelele lady

The Elm Tree at Manor Top is now up for sale at a reduced price from

£225,000 to £155,000. It is stood vacant so who ever buys it will have the choice

of keeping it as a pub, shop, restaurant or land for redevelopment.

Lets wait and see.

The Elm Tree at Manor Top is now up for sale at a reduced price from

£225,000 to £155,000. It is stood vacant so who ever buys it will have the choice

of keeping it as a pub, shop, restaurant or land for redevelopment.

Lets wait and see.

Even at £155,000 its a big investment for Manor Top

Even at £155,000 its a big investment for Manor Top

You would be suprised Stuart.

Down Prince of Wales Road on the Manor there are some new private houses built intermingled with the Manor estate council housing.

I was amazed at how much these new houses cost :blink:

Who would want to pay a fortune to live in a rough, high crime area surrounded by council housing?

The houses are occupied so obviously some people would.

.....and to buy a house down there we are talking about the same price as they are now asking for the Elm Tree.

With a bit of renovation you could have the Elm Tree instead of a house, - its a lot bigger and it comes with its own bar lol

You would be suprised Stuart.

Down Prince of Wales Road on the Manor there are some new private houses built intermingled with the Manor estate council housing.

I was amazed at how much these new houses cost :blink:

Who would want to pay a fortune to live in a rough, high crime area surrounded by council housing?

The houses are occupied so obviously some people would.

.....and to buy a house down there we are talking about the same price as they are now asking for the Elm Tree.

With a bit of renovation you could have the Elm Tree instead of a house, - its a lot bigger and it comes with its own bar lol

Any pics of the housing or indeed the Elm Tree as it is now for those of us who dont live in Sheffield anymore? :blink: Be careful though if you are going to take some photos - try to dress and act like a local ;-)

Any pics of the housing or indeed the Elm Tree as it is now for those of us who dont live in Sheffield anymore? :blink: Be careful though if you are going to take some photos - try to dress and act like a local ;-)

Apparently I'm an expert at it and I have been awarded the "Manortheyear" award by vox for daring to photograph these dangerous areas.

When the weather picks up I will try to get some pictures for you.

You don't live in Sheffield anymore and wayneybabes says you live somewhere very cold

Well Sheffield is pretty cold right now lol

Apparently I'm an expert at it and I have been awarded the "Manortheyear" award by vox for daring to photograph these dangerous areas.

When the weather picks up I will try to get some pictures for you.

You don't live in Sheffield anymore and wayneybabes says you live somewhere very cold

Well Sheffield is pretty cold right now lol

Dont want to start any type of guessing game on this one as to where I live now, but suffice to say, we have 3.5 foot of snow; drifting at approx. 6-7 foot, -12 degrees at present (although it has been colder) and had no electricity for 10 hours yesterday!! (as we dont have gas but oil, that meant no heating, hot water, cooker, etc) So, Sheffield would be quite warm for me at present. he he

Anyway, back to the topic in question : it will be interesting to see what happens to The Elm Tree. It was not a pub I frequented but am still sorry to hear it is shut. :o

Dont want to start any type of guessing game on this one as to where I live now, but suffice to say, we have 3.5 foot of snow; drifting at approx. 6-7 foot, -12 degrees at present (although it has been colder) and had no electricity for 10 hours yesterday!! (as we dont have gas but oil, that meant no heating, hot water, cooker, etc) So, Sheffield would be quite warm for me at present. he he

Anyway, back to the topic in question : it will be interesting to see what happens to The Elm Tree. It was not a pub I frequented but am still sorry to hear it is shut. :o

It wasn't a pub me and Stuart used to frequent either even though it was fairly local to both of us before we married and left home.

It did have a reputation as being a very rough "fight every night" boozer.

It wasn't a pub me and Stuart used to frequent either even though it was fairly local to both of us before we married and left home.

Funny you should say that - that is exactly how I remember it - not that I went past it every night, but there did always seem to be someone brawling outside!

No you are a Link Fairy now lol

Link fairy, link gnome, link elf, link goblin!!

Does it matter as long as we keep making those links?

Anyway Mrs Miggins web site is turning into some sort of super link fairy for us isn't it?

I think that I have been in it twice in the late 60s but never stopped for more than 1 drink I always used to think it looked such a nice pub from the outside but the customers left a lot to be desired and that was in the good old days. he he

So I am!

Photo of me - taken this morning

Or if you like there is this link here to pubs in Google Earth view

Elm Tree

Oops! Now I'm turning into a link fairy as well :o

Thank you for the link, Link Fairies lollol

The old place looks so sad all boarded up - lets hope someone can restore it sympathetically.

Thank you for the link, Link Fairies lollol

The old place looks so sad all boarded up - lets hope someone can restore it sympathetically.

A bargain at £155,000

Does seem a bargain at £155K :blink:

Would love to see inside of it. Can you pretend you want to buy it Dave, get access and take some video footage???!!!!

Bet you as soon as someone does buy it all that tudor frontage will be gone :o

Hang on a minute!!!

Now I'm not really a fan of mock Tudor styling, but doesn't The Elm Tree look remarkably like The Arbourthorne Hotel?

The Elm Tree

The Arbourthorne Hotel

As the Arbourthorne Hotel is a bit smaller and a bit more handy for my mums I'd rather buy that instead.

But at present it appears that the Arbourthorne Hotel is still open for business as usual.

Dont hold your breath :blink:

But you are right, the similarities are uncanny. Do you think the same builder did both pubs?

Did not realise there were so many historic Tudor buildings around that area lol

Does seem a bargain at £155K :blink:

Would love to see inside of it. Can you pretend you want to buy it Dave, get access and take some video footage???!!!!

Bet you as soon as someone does buy it all that tudor frontage will be gone :o

I though that was what wayneybabes was good at ;-)

He got into Norfolk school didn't he ;-)

Did not realise there were so many historic Tudor buildings around that area lol

Historic Tudor (1485 - 1603), but built in the 1930's :o

Add £400,000 by moving it somewhere else.

What, - somewhere else in Sheffield?

Or can we move it down to London and add several million instead :blink: lol

I worked behind the bar in The Elm Tree in the early 70s at the weekends and we were all

under instruction if anything kicked of we were to shout the Landlady and she would sort it out.

She was a small Welsh woman call Gwyneth if i remember correctly and she kept a baseball

bat under the bar and she would chase trouble causers down the street on many occasions.

The Landlord was always down the cellar with his Stainless Steel Buckets and plastics pipes,

No Beers were poured down the sinks in them days everything was RECYCELLED.