Hartley Brook Secondary School.

Guest DIZZINICK

Hi, is there anyone out there who went to Hartley Brook Secondary School between about 1960 and 65.

Hi Yourself,

It's a long time since you asked the question but as you seem to be a bit short of replies I thought that maybe I should respond. ....Yes I was at Hartley Brook secondary from 1962 to 1966. I then took the 13+ exam and moved to theCentral Technical School.

While at Hartley Brook Pop Allen was headmaster; Percy Turner (science) died: Teachers included Mr Hutchinson Jnr. and Snr., Mr Brown, Mr Inman who now lives quite close in S10, Mr Bolam, and I think Mr. and Mrs.Gallagher, not forgetting Mr Gregory.......Small, round, jovial........Last seen standing outside Turners gunshop on West Bar waiting to buy cartridges for a day on the moors. Memory isn't what it was but I have a mental picture of him stood there in plus fours etc.

I have a copy of 'The Clocktower', school magazine, including a few photos of pupils, I could scan these in if they are of interest to anyone.

If any memories have been jogged then please join in.

Ian Buckley.

Guest Ken Wood

Hi Yourself,

It's a long time since you asked the question but as you seem to be a bit short of replies I thought that maybe I should respond. ....Yes I was at Hartley Brook secondary from 1962 to 1966. I then took the 13+ exam and moved to theCentral Technical School.

While at Hartley Brook Pop Allen was headmaster; Percy Turner (science) died: Teachers included Mr Hutchinson Jnr. and Snr., Mr Brown, Mr Inman who now lives quite close in S10, Mr Bolam, and I think Mr. and Mrs.Gallagher, not forgetting Mr Gregory.......Small, round, jovial........Last seen standing outside Turners gunshop on West Bar waiting to buy cartridges for a day on the moors. Memory isn't what it was but I have a mental picture of him stood there in plus fours etc.

I have a copy of 'The Clocktower', school magazine, including a few photos of pupils, I could scan these in if they are of interest to anyone.

If any memories have been jogged then please join in.

Ian Buckley.

OK Ian, here goes!

I was at HBS and left in 1965 so maybe one year in front of you but don't remenber your name unfortunately. I remember all those teachers and Mr webster, who you didn't mention but was the best teacher I ever had and I would give anything to thank him now for just knowing him.

I would absolutely love a scanned copy of your clocktower. wish more people from this era at HBS would join in. Keep in touch maybe?

HI

I also went Hartley Brook Jrs & Seniors , POP Shooter was the Head Teacher Mr Allen came to Hartley brook About 1948/49.

Mr Webster was he the P-E teacher? Mr Varney he was music Mrs Bedford ,we also had both the Hutchinsons.

I myself left in 1950 the year after they changed school leavers from 14 to 15yrs, so I did the extra year

DO YOU SAY THE BEST YEARS

Larrett

for Frankyboy77

Guest ian b

OK Ian, here goes!

I was at HBS and left in 1965 so maybe one year in front of you but don't remenber your name unfortunately. I remember all those teachers and Mr webster, who you didn't mention but was the best teacher I ever had and I would give anything to thank him now for just knowing him.

I would absolutely love a scanned copy of your clocktower. wish more people from this era at HBS would join in. Keep in touch maybe?

Hi Ken,

Sorry I haven't responded but have not been back to this site this year til now. I will sort out some pics asap but in the mean time have you found the Sheffield Pictures.com site, including pics of HBS.

Regards Ian.

Guest ian b

Hi Ken,

Sorry I haven't responded but have not been back to this site this year til now. I will sort out some pics asap but in the mean time have you found the Sheffield Pictures.com site, including pics of HBS.

Regards Ian.

Guest Maureen Ann Heggie

I was at Hartley Brook from 1964-1967 then went on to Chaucer. Iremember all the teachers you have mentioned. Mr Brown taught Art Craft. Mr Bennett was science teacher. I ahve spoken to Mr Websters daughter Hilary a couple of times since a I left Sheffield. I remember lots of pupils names Sheila Wilson Alan Buckley Pattie Tomlinson Elaine Wainwright etc etc I loved Mr Inman and knew The Hutchinson brothers out of school they used to live on Bevercotes Road. My maiden name was Flood and I used to live on Hartley Brook Road