Sheffield Model Bus & Train Exhibition

Guest transit

Guest transit

..as in the title , loads of local old and new transport examples to re-charge your memories ,in minature . THIS Saturday !!

..as in the title , loads of local old and new transport examples to re-charge your memories ,in minature . THIS Saturday !!

At steam rallies, MINIATURE scale steam engines are quite popular.

These are often made by the owners who are quite skilled engineers, are powered by steam just like their big brothers that they are scaled down from and require the same insurance / boiler testing as the full sized vehicles.

For their size they are very powerful as some of these pictures show by the number and size of the passengers they are pulling around this arena.

All these pictures were taken at SHEFFIELD & DISTRICT STEAM RALLY, Rackford Road, North Anston in JUNE 2008

JUST A QUICK REMINDER

THE 2009 SHEFFIELD STEAM & VINTAGE RALLY takes place at the same location, North Anston, the week after the Model Bus & Train Exhibition 27 -8 JUNE.

Added to Calendar

Remember going to see the model railway exhibition in the City Hall Ballroom one year. May have been 1978 or there abouts.

Guest transit

Remember going to see the model railway exhibition in the City Hall Ballroom one year. May have been 1978 or there abouts.

...used to be a great show , over 4 days !!!! (thur-sun) . Cant it be brought back as in other large cities ???????? :unsure:

Added to Calendar

Don't think I can make it to this exhibition but perhaps if any of our members get there they could report back here with what it was like, how busy it was, what was on display and perhaps even a few pictures if they take a camera with them.

Guest bus man

I went didnt spend too much time there i took one shot on phone ill put it on latter when i ve done chatsworth

Spent a pleasent hour or so there, very intresting and detailed exhibits, £2.50 well spent. After feeling so intimidated walking through the centre of OUR city to get there, it was nice to spend a bit of time with normal people in peaceful surroundings. W/E.

My dad took me to an indoor exhibition in the late 40s early 50s. I remember riding around an oval shaped track behind a miniature working steam engine. Seem to remember it was somewhere on Leopold Street. W/E.

My dad took me to an indoor exhibition in the late 40s early 50s. I remember riding around an oval shaped track behind a miniature working steam engine. Seem to remember it was somewhere on Leopold Street. W/E.

A society of model engineers used to have a small narrow gauge railway somewhere just off Ecclesall Road near Ecclesall Woods. They did have advertised open days with rides of the type Waterside Echo describes here. Not heard about them for a while, - wonder if they are still on the go?

Stuart0742 will probably know.

A society of model engineers used to have a small narrow gauge railway somewhere just off Ecclesall Road near Ecclesall Woods. They did have advertised open days with rides of the type Waterside Echo describes here. Not heard about them for a while, - wonder if they are still on the go?

Stuart0742 will probably know.

This group is still on the go, their HQ is in Ecclesall Woods, halfway between Dore Station and the Industrial Hamlet. They have running days most Sundays in the summer.

http://www.sheffieldsmee.co.uk/

See this Youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRIiqZcA1tg

Guest transit

....this years exhibition is on Sat June 19 th .2010

It will be bigger and better than previous , and amongst all the displays , one to look out for is a working layout featuring large "0" scale Sheffield trams of yesteryear , as a reminder of the 50th year since abolishment.

....this years exhibition is on Sat June 19 th .2010

It will be bigger and better than previous , and amongst all the displays , one to look out for is a working layout featuring large "0" scale Sheffield trams of yesteryear , as a reminder of the 50th year since abolishment.

Transit, do you have anymore details, ie location etc

Guest transit

Transit, do you have anymore details, ie location etc

Hi Stuart , yes for you and everyone else , the details are .....

Central United Reformed Church (the most modern church opposite the Crucible)

Norfolk Street (or bottom of Chapel Walk !)

Sheffield

Sat 19 June 2010

Open 10am - 4pm - *.small admission charge.*

NCP car park opposite, down side of Crucible

Short walk from bus / tram / train stations.

Hi Stuart , yes for you and everyone else , the details are .....

Central United Reformed Church (the most modern church opposite the Crucible)

Norfolk Street (or bottom of Chapel Walk !)

Sheffield

Sat 19 June 2010

Open 10am - 4pm - *.small admission charge.*

NCP car park opposite, down side of Crucible

Short walk from bus / tram / train stations.

Thanks transit, might be able to make it (work permitting)

Andy

Guest transit

...a quick update from the organiser ........

... ''One week to go to the exhibition in Sheffield. As this year commemorates 50 years since the last conventional tram ran on Sheffield streets we are having a display of photos of them as well as four tramway layouts all containing Sheffield trams.As well as Walford Arches there will also be a variety of railway layouts of N, OO9, HO and OO scales plus model bus layouts from MBF members of Yorkshire, East Midlands, Lancashire and Cheshire/Potteries, plus displays by Little Bus Company, TiNY models, BUSKITS and Mirror Image Models, so it looks like another good selection. There will also be a couple of trade stalls including one new to the event who concentrates on afforable model buses! I know parking is a problem but I suggest you park in the various Park & Ride car parks and come in on the Supertram. If you alight at Castle Square or the Cathedral you are very close to the church and even if no-one has heard of Central United Reformed Church everyone has heard of the Crucible Theatre and we are right opposite the Stage Door entrance on Norfolk Street. ''...

Hope to see you there !

...a quick update from the organiser ........

... ''One week to go to the exhibition in Sheffield. As this year commemorates 50 years since the last conventional tram ran on Sheffield streets we are having a display of photos of them as well as four tramway layouts all containing Sheffield trams.As well as Walford Arches there will also be a variety of railway layouts of N, OO9, HO and OO scales plus model bus layouts from MBF members of Yorkshire, East Midlands, Lancashire and Cheshire/Potteries, plus displays by Little Bus Company, TiNY models, BUSKITS and Mirror Image Models, so it looks like another good selection. There will also be a couple of trade stalls including one new to the event who concentrates on afforable model buses! I know parking is a problem but I suggest you park in the various Park & Ride car parks and come in on the Supertram. If you alight at Castle Square or the Cathedral you are very close to the church and even if no-one has heard of Central United Reformed Church everyone has heard of the Crucible Theatre and we are right opposite the Stage Door entrance on Norfolk Street. ''...

Hope to see you there !

wangled the day off from work! will be there!

...used to be a great show , over 4 days !!!! (thur-sun) . Cant it be brought back as in other large cities ???????? :unsure:

Sheffield Model Railway Engineers, If memory serves. I especially remember the "Warning: 12,000 millivolts" signs.

....this years exhibition details for your diary !!!........

Thanks transit, added to SH calendar of events.

Guest transit

.....LATEST UPDATE ..........

* PLEASE NOTE ADMISSION PRICE WILL BE £2.50 (not £3 as on ad)*

"We have a dozen working layouts this year - including the superb old Sheffield Tram layout again due to popular demand ! (See post 20) - plus a good range of static displays and sales stands. It is shaping up to be another good exhibition and I hope you can come along. Car parking is expensive across at the NCP and I always suggest you use the Park & Ride at Nunnery Square or Meadowhall and come in on the Supertram. If you have a national bus pass this can be used on the tram as well as the buses."

Guest bus man

Last years was very good it was a vast impovement on the 2009 one , if this years is like last years then its worth going to