Tower House,

Guest tsavo

Hi neddy someone called jolow posted on this topic that their father lived at 117 Pitsmoor Rd at the same

time that you gave Mrs Annie Sturdy greengrocer .Wonder if you could confirm Mrs Annie Sturdy for me

please , much obliged .

jolow gave 117 Pitsmoor Rd Tower Hill area on the opposite side of Pitsmoor Rd that you gave

Marshall Street same address .

117 would be on the left side going away from town, Annie Sturdy was given as resident in 1948---160 would be on the right.

Hi neddy thanks for your input on 117 Pitsmoor Rd .My grandparents lived at 114 Pitsmoor Rd across the road from Marshall Tavern 133 Pitsmoor Rd ,that would make Annie Sturdy living towards town somewhere around top of Reginald St , which I believe your research is correct ,I'm happy with that at this stage .So Jolow's dad appears to have given an I correct number , I dont mean to be disrespectful to Jolows family .I now need to know where did Jolow's dad live .Going away from town up road from 114 about say 15 yards there was an opening which led to Tower Hill , its these little cluster of houses including number 4 court which I am trying to acquire including where I was born 4 court 1 .Wonder if you neddy or someone could help with these numbers .

Robert Duff and Georgina Duff were Jolow's dads grandparents who lived in one of these cluster of houses around 1950's , its theDuff's address and 4 court 1 my birth place I am trying to find .Somehow neddy I get the impression you will unravel the mystery for me .

Hi neddy thanks for your input on 117 Pitsmoor Rd .My grandparents lived at 114 Pitsmoor Rd across the road from Marshall Tavern 133 Pitsmoor Rd ,that would make Annie Sturdy living towards town somewhere around top of Reginald St , which I believe your research is correct ,I'm happy with that at this stage .So Jolow's dad appears to have given an I correct number , I dont mean to be disrespectful to Jolows family .I now need to know where did Jolow's dad live .Going away from town up road from 114 about say 15 yards there was an opening which led to Tower Hill , its these little cluster of houses including number 4 court which I am trying to acquire including where I was born 4 court 1 .Wonder if you neddy or someone could help with these numbers .

Robert Duff and Georgina Duff were Jolow's dads grandparents who lived in one of these cluster of houses around 1950's , its theDuff's address and 4 court 1 my birth place I am trying to find .Somehow neddy I get the impression you will unravel the mystery for me .

As far as census 4ct 1 was at the side of 160, in census this would be 160 Pye Bank, Thomas Webb in 1891, and presumably his child from

Sheffield Indexers,

WEBB, Gertrude Lilian (dau of T Webb, age 3 months).

Died at 4-1 Pitsmoor Rd; Buried on September 21, 1894 in Consecrated ground;

Grave Number 110, Section Z1 of Burngreave Cemetery, Sheffield.

Parent or Next of Kin if Available: . Remarks: 34475.

Plot Owner: of .

118 Pye bank

Tower Hill- No's -1 to 10

120- 122 Pye Bank

1h ct4 Pye Bank

160 Pye Bank

edmund I really appreciate your researching for me ,the numbers you gave me all tie in for

TowerHill /Pyebank cluster .The final two pieces of the jigsaw are 4 court 1 and Robert and Georgina Duff.

( I have a link between these two addresses regarding Pitsmoor Castle ).This is the reason why it is so important for me to track down these two addresses .It is imperative I get these two addresses .

edmund would you be able to get these for me .The Duffs would be in residence here during the war 1940's to 1950's .The last set of numbers you gave were of 1891 , would you be able to get something

1940/1950 ? Please track down the Duffs and 4 court 1 .I am asking a lot from you , but I dont think we're

very far away .There are two coloured maps 1890 earlier in this topic , it would solve the mystery if you could get a map with these two addresses MARKED on it .

neddy accept my apologies calling you edmund , it was you who came up with all the numbers of Tower Hill complex , thanks very much they have been of great help to me .edmund has also been researching for me .

Hiya neddy and Edmund I do hope both of you have logged into this topic again , so l can really thank you

and show my appreciation for the research you have done for me .

When I first posted on the Tower House topic I didn't expect much response at all from the people of

that time 1940's / 1950's .

What I didn't expect was someone of your expertise to get involved .

The information I required was asking a great deal from you , as it had been a mystery to me for

many years .

You tracked down for me the two houses and exact positions 4 court 1 Pitsmoor Rd my birthplace and

the Duff's house .

I needed this Information so I could post on the ' Castle at Pitsmoor ' topic .

I lived on Fox Hill from 1936 to 1964 and I remember all the places and things that have been talked about in this thread.

I remember the Duffs living in the Tower House as Mr Duff used to chase us off the property in 1940's when we used to play on the "Old Gardens"

As regards date of demolition, the memory fades slightly but I think it was when they were preparing the area for the new estate.

Guest Helen Jane Mitchell

The Duff's were my great grandparents. If anyone has any additional information please post. My mum is keen to hear from people with a connection to 'Duffs Castle'.