Hallamshire Steel Neepsend

ukelele lady

Hallamshire Steel Neepsend, taken 1964 to 1970.

Unfortunately Toni Dali's not on this one. Can you remember the Italian singer who did the clubs? he also worked here.

On 11/12/2008 at 4:01 PM, ukelele lady said:

post-4781-1229097607_thumb.jpgpost-4781-1229097575_thumb.jpg

Hallamshire Steel Neepsend, taken 1964 to 1970.

Unfortunately Toni Dali's not on this one. Can you remember the Italian singer who did the clubs? he also worked here.

These fellas worked in the wire mill, the lady drove the ransome trucks.

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:57 PM, neddy said:

These fellas worked in the wire mill, the lady drove the ransome trucks.

Do you know any of the names neddy, I remember Alan Cotton with his good looks and his

white shoes that he used to walk into the Roscoe in.

2 hours ago, ukelele lady said:

Do you know any of the names neddy, I remember Alan Cotton with his good looks and his

white shoes that he used to walk into the Roscoe in.

In the clearer photo the fella with the eye patch, George Smith, in front of him with the glasses Joe Webster the tall lad at the back David Batten, the lady at the front Flo Mortimer the fella second from the far right Jack Lumb, --the rest the faces I remember but not the names.

Photo would have been taken at the railway bank wall near the bridge back of the wire mill.

Toni went on to make quite a few records, before moving to Southern Spain with his family, where they now own a number of Italian restaurants in the Marbella area. He is now about 82.

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 1:38 PM, neddy said:

In the clearer photo the fella with the eye patch, George Smith, in front of him with the glasses Joe Webster the tall lad at the back David Batten, the lady at the front Flo Mortimer the fella second from the far right Jack Lumb, --the rest the faces I remember but not the names.

Photo would have been taken at the railway bank wall near the bridge back of the wire mill.

Thanks for that neddy, the fellow behind Jack Lumb is Albert Cornthwaite.