Burngreave Secondary Modern School

Guest Old Canny Street Kid

I wonder how many of the lads who left Burngreave in 1953, especially those who walked out on July 24th 1953 to begin their working lives, are still around. It would be great to have some memories of those days posted. Memories of teachers like Holdsworth, Guyler, etc.

I am attaching a picture that might provoke a few memories.

I wonder how many of the lads who left Burngreave in 1953, especially those who walked out on July 24th 1953 to begin their working lives, are still around. It would be great to have some memories of those days posted. Memories of teachers like Holdsworth, Guyler, etc.

I am attaching a picture that might provoke a few memories.

As a postscript to the above, can anyone identify this old Burngreave boy? I would think he left in 1953.

As a postscript to the above, can anyone identify this old Burngreave boy? I would think he left in 1953.

Surely someone has a memory of old "misery" Scowcroft, the headmaster at Burngreave.

Surely someone has a memory of old "misery" Scowcroft, the headmaster at Burngreave.

Here's a picture I found of Scowcroft.

Hi there, Thylacine suggested I get in touch over Bernie, but I think we're too far apart with our times there ?