Mojo Club Pic

Sheffield History

Hi Admin,

Ah yes. this photo is from a website blog by an ex Mojo-ite Dave Grodin (I think), who is now in Australia. Its slightly misleading as he has put the Mojo lettering on the building. The building is old peoples flats I believe, which are built on the top of where the Mojo was. So the building and steps are as near as you can get to the entrance to the old club.

Sheffield Corporation wouldnt even let the road be called Mojo Mews!

Hi Admin,

Ah yes. this photo is from a website blog by an ex Mojo-ite Dave Grodin (I think), who is now in Australia. Its slightly misleading as he has put the Mojo lettering on the building. The building is old peoples flats I believe, which are built on the top of where the Mojo was. So the building and steps are as near as you can get to the entrance to the old club.

Sheffield Corporation wouldnt even let the road be called Mojo Mews!

I think you are probably refering to Dave Godin, the father of Northern Soul (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Godin) Dave first coined the phrase Northern Soul to describe obscure American Soul.

Dave died in 2004 (http://www.soulfulkindamusic.net/dgodin.htm) and had strong Sheffield connections.

untitled.bmp

Hi Sando,

I'm completely screwing up names in my memory! Nothing to do with Dave Godin!

The photo was done by a guy called Art Glover (ex Mojo) in Australia ect. Also ran a short-lived club called Blind Melon Jefferson in Rotherham with Dinky Dawson for a while.

Guest andys274

hi I went to the launch of the new book at trippit lane and brought my older brother along. Dave Senior one of the artists mentioned in the book.

Hi 'andys274'

Glad you came to the book launch. Hope you enjoyed yourselves. My co-author Dave Manvell had tried to let Dave Senior know about the book launch. I did have a short meet with Dave Senior when he got his book signed, nice to see him again. I had to recreate some of his work using what little visual material and memory we had of his paintings. I hope he feels we did justice to his murals in the Mojo

Regards

Paul Norton