Darnall cemetery (Hague)

Guest Gillb

Hi again

Anyone know where the records of Darnall Cemetery are (is it called Tinsley?) - Im looking for my brick wall still - and apparently some family were buried in this cemetery.

Its ? (possibly George) Hague, likely born around 1815 and died, we think, after 1886 - but that's in doubt - though the Hague's have lived long lives. No idea of the wife's names but his son was Samuel born in 1884 ish.

Any help on the cemetery records, or any other info would be greatly appreciated.

This is the one I posted about earlier as ? living on Arley St, which Hugh kindly tells me could have been Cross George St at that time. They seemed to live around the John St area but have been unable to locate him in any census Ive searched, though I think I have his baptism (8 Jan 1815 St Peter & Paul's Sheffield)

Thanks very much for any help,

Gill

Darnall Cemetery is not the same as Tinsley Park.

They are both municipal cemeteries and so there are good records, including indexes, in Sheffield Archives. They are on microfilm. It is also possible to ask Bereavement Services at City Road to do a search but there is a charge for that and it may be difficult without a better idea of the date of death.

websites:

Bereavement Services: http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/safe--sound/bereavement

Sheffield Archives: http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/libraries/arch...d-local-studies

Hugh

I have 2 Hagues on my Darnall WW1 list maybe they are related.

HAGUE, Alfred. 12068 East Yorkshire Regiment 10/07/1916 Husband of Lily Hague, of 69, Jubilee Rd., Darnall, Sheffield. Native of Darnall

HAGUE, Lewin. 12627 King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry 03/05/1915 Son of John and Mary Ann Hague, of 357, Greenland Rd., Darnall, Sheffield.

Sue

What information do you have for Samuel c1884

some Hague's in Darnall cem. Attercliffe municipal, have only two in Tinsley -Jane 1893 age 76 and Anne 1860 age 60

Hello Sue

I dont think these are related but could be and not in my direct line so I dont know! Thanks for posting anyway.

Gill

Thanks Hugh (again!) - I will check these links out - I think I have a visit back to the Sheffield Archives coming up!

Gill

Hi Neddy, thanks for this, I think it must be Darnall Cemetery.

I gave the wrong date I think for Samuel its about 1880 (not 84) and he died in about 1964 - I think he is buried there, along with his wife Gertrude (nee Mason) who was born about 1884 and died quite young in around 1928 I believe. They lived around Ecclesall Bierlow area.

Cheers,

Gill