Sheffield Mods go to the Scene club

Guest thierry

" Ready Steady Go !" did a Northern special, Herman's Hermits, The Big Three and they wanted a northern DJ. I got patronised like crazy by the southerners. A lot of Mods had came down from Sheffield and i took them all out to a club, The Scene, afterwards. A load of East End hard -nut Mods were in the club - we lasted ten minutes before i had to get all these wimpy Sheffield Mods back on the coach ! They would have killed us .

extract from an interview with Peter Stringfellow that was published in MOD a very british phenomenon

Thanks for the RSG reference there Thierry,

A friend and I have actually been trying to trace if there is any available existing footage still available of the RSG show which featured the Mojo Club dancers in the dance competition. It was broadcast on the 15th august 1965, and would be good to see again. (Even though the competition was fixed 'cos' northern Mods wouldnt be allowed to win!)

No luck so far except for RSG compilations put out by Dave Clarks company. Dave c has supposed copyright to at least some RSG material, but has only released cut up compilations of mixed shows with lots of Dave Clark Five footage inserted in it.

Can anyone help with contacts, info or copies of whole RSG shows? We are willing to buy.

Regards

Guest Ducksfeet

The copywrite to the shows and the videos is owned by Dave Clark (of the Dave Clark Five)

I have some VHS tapes in storage somewhere.