Joseph Rodgers

RichardB

Guest lizzie81

My ancestors worked at Joseph Rodgers. Starting with my GGG grandfather Joseph Brammer, then his son also Joseph then his grandson another Joseph. Joseph Brammer (born 1875) was awarded the British Empire Medal in 1946 for developing service knives for the Government Research Department.

Liz

My ancestors worked at Joseph Rodgers. Starting with my GGG grandfather Joseph Brammer, then his son also Joseph then his grandson another Joseph. Joseph Brammer (born 1875) was awarded the British Empire Medal in 1946 for developing service knives for the Government Research Department.

Liz

Welcome to SheffieldHistory Lizzie, Thanks for the information. Hope you found the brochure interesting.

Guest lizzie81

Welcome to SheffieldHistory Lizzie, Thanks for the information. Hope you found the brochure interesting.

Yes thanks, the brochure is interesting, in fact the whole site is. It's full of fascinating snippets

Liz

My other half has a contact on Preston Market who keeps back anything Sheffield related for us to have first refusal. This turned up this week and I could not resist.

56fcbfabe55cd_rodgersside1.thumb.jpg.95e

56fcbfc18aebf_rodgersside2.thumb.jpg.ae6

The list of royalty suggests to me that it dates from between 1820 and 1830, so I can accept it being a bit battered around the edges.

Some interesting implements listed on there.