What is this

dalewoods8

I have a small gold medal I found many years ago with the inscription SCFL. Senior RU 1927-27 does anyone know what it's for.

I've searched internet without finding anything.  I think the hallmark is Birmingham 1926

SCFL Medal.JPG

6 hours ago, dalewoods8 said:

I have a small gold medal I found many years ago with the inscription SCFL. Senior RU 1927-27 does anyone know what it's for.

I've searched internet without finding anything.  I think the hallmark is Birmingham 1926

SCFL Medal.JPG

With it having a Birmingham Hallmark it may be a Birmingham Rugby club, it would be unusual to send items to Birmingham from Sheffield for marking, the only other answer is that it was made in Birmingham for a Sheffield club.

I'd guess Sussex County Football League. The winners in 1926-27 season were Worthing; as suggested above, this was probably a Runner-Up medal, and I can find no evidence of which team that would have been.

Unless, of course, R.U. = Rugby Union...

I'd wondered if the recipient might be Senior? The makers mark looks like George Frank Bickerton who was working Birmingaham 1926 manufacturing this type of thing.

Lots of medals came from Birmingham. They still do. Toye, Kenning and Spencer,  F.C.Parry and others.