Sheffield Heritage Conference 2016

duckweed

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/making-history-for-a-successful-city-conference-tickets-21550334631  This promises to be a great event. The timing is deliberately before the Council elections and we hope everyone will help us keep heritage on the council candidates minds. It isn't just about protecting old buildings, its about protecting all the small to medium businesses that rely on them including the local pub, and using them to encourage new businesses to come in. High proportion of business start ups and relocating businesses prefer old buildings to shiny new ones. 

We have finally managed to persuade council to appoint a heritage champion Ian Saunders from Beighton Ward. Don't think he realises the extent of heritage support in the city. The new Sheffield Heritage network has several thousand people linked together right across the city. We do need someone to set up a networking events in other parts of the city as our first 2 have been Central and Crookes. The bigger the sweep the better as I do believe this is the year for really changing things for the better.  Any offers of help or want to join the network email me at timewalkproject@gmail.com

ConferenceFlyer final-page0001 (1).jpg

Conference Programme final-page0001.jpg

I wish you well with this project. Sadly, my impression is that we still have far too many local politicians who, at best, pay lip-service to Heritage and at worst are "Philistines"

Things are changing, partly because necessity is the mother of invention. They need us to fill the gaps in funding.