Howard street shop

baz

Does anyone remember the shop on Howard Street,that sold skin creams. in the 50s

It had bits of skin and corns in the window,to demonsrate the the effectiveness of their products. 

Anyone remember the name. Think the owner lived in in Grindleford.

I

Yes I remember that shop, it makes me cringe thinking about it.

In the 1925 directory there was a Ernest Harrop, salve manufacturer, at 58 Howard Street.

-----------

Edit:

I knew of this shop for years, bundles of letters were stacked on the shelves around the shop window, probably extolling the virtue of Harrops Salve, along with the letters they sent the proof of their product, large corns, bunions etc were proudly displayed along the window. I only ever passed this shop on a Saturday when my dad took me to town and I always asked him to take me to look at the gruesome relics. I never saw anyone in the shop ever, public or workers.

Thanks for replies. Had forgotten the name. I worked with lad who was called Harrop 

He said the shop belonged to  his Grandfather, who lived in one of the houses, over the bridge at Grindleford Station

Ernest Harrop was summoned at Sheffield Police Court on March 24th 1916 for selling certain medicines liable to duty without a licence and selling unstamped medicines on which duty was liable.  An undercover Customs and Excise Officer purchased some corn-care medicine....