ELLIOTT-BIRKS OF HOLME LANE. S6

Lucy Birks

I am a decendant of George Charles Elliott-Birks and his brother James Elliott-Birks of 277 and 279 Holme Lane.

I am working on my tree and wondering if anybody has any links/info about this family. I have got back to 1752, flood insurance claims from a family member but am trying to tie up some loose ends, found this site as RICHARDB has James in his listing on a different topic.

Hope to hear from somebody soon.. if i can help anybody thats also doing the BIRKS / LAVER / ELLIOTT-BIRKS tree then please send me an email lucybirks at msn.com or facebook Lucy Birks.

From Sheffield Independent 18th November 1882 Deaths column :  BIRKS - At Malin Bridge, Annie, the beloved wife of James Elliott Birks, aged 25 years

Also an interesting story in the Grimsby Telegraph from 2009 - Grimsby Telegraph 2009

56aaed5320f6f_annieelliott.PNG.2064a9e7f

and from the Sheffield Indexers: Birks, James Elliott (file cutter), address is (back of) 48 Loxley New Road Hillsborough, in 1905 White's Directory of Sheffield and Rotherham

and  from their school records section:

Birks, Wilmot Elliott (Student, dob 2 Jul 1890).  Parent or guardian name(s): Chas Elliott Birks, of 29 Parsonage Cres.    Admitted to Bole Hill School, Bole Hill Rd, Walkley, Sheffield, as of 18 Apr 1898,       until 25 Oct 1901, reason for leaving: Morley St. Previously attended Hillsboro Bd

Birks, Walter Elliott (Student, dob 18 Mar 1888). Parent or guardian name(s): Chas Elliott Birks, of 29 Parsonage Cres. Admitted to Bole Hill School, Bole Hill Rd, Walkley, Sheffield, as of 18 Apr 1898,     until 27 Jul 1900, reason for leaving: Central. Previously attended Hillsboro Bd.