Bradfield 1841

southside

56868b188a766_Stannington1841.jpg.6d074dA Happy New Year to one and all.

Can any one help decipher this Stannington address for me from the 1841 Bradfield Census,and if possible where it was located.

Thanks Southside

The description of the area from the first page of the census shows it covers the area on the 1855 map:

5686acb00954b_1841CensusDescofdistrict16

5686ac99161c8_KnowlTop1855.thumb.png.e3f

As Neddy says - Knowl Top is where the previous entry was, so the Matthew Furniss entry must be close, but no Ratten Row or similar appears on the map.  The Bradfield Archives show Matthew Furniss in the militia in 1831 but unhelpfully only gives "Stannington" as his abode.

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 2:26 PM, southside said:

56868b188a766_Stannington1841.jpg.6d074dA Happy New Year to one and all.

Can any one help decipher this Stannington address for me from the 1841 Bradfield Census,and if possible where it was located.

Thanks Southside

Hi Southside

I did a search on Find my Past for Matthew Furniss and found conflicting results. 

Furniss Matthew 1839 1841 1841 England, Wales & Scotland Census Ecclesfield, Wortley, Yorkshire, England.

1841 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription

Ratten Raw, Ecclesfield, Wortley, Yorkshire, England.

But as you  are aware the Heading on the Census Document states Township of Bradfield.

I hope this helps your query.

Thanks Guys

Just had a look at the 1841 Census transcription for Bradfield,the transcription is Ratton Row followed by Turner Lane and Croft House.

Syrup, don`t think  the Mathew Furniss on the Ecclesfield Census is the same one as on  the 1841Census for Bradfield.

Just to confuse things a bit more he is wrong`ly transcribed as Ruben Furness on the Bradfield transcription.

Southside

Ratten Row.jpg