This was a street surely...

Calvin72

First right after Hillsborough corner, going towards Middlewood, now access for shops/deliveries. Someone on here will know!

street2.jpg

street.jpg

Used to go to a mill/bakery, on the left before heading down to a dead-end. There was a gate through to the Old Blue Ball pub which was to maintain the right of way.

This 1894 map shows the National School (yellow) - now Heron Foods/Superdrug, and your gennel next to it (green)

Hillsborough_1894.thumb.png.a995e0bb8a06

So it is, and always has been, an access track for various things.

Nothing to see here then ...

We've covered this little lane before in a post about Hillsborough Corner.

At the bottom of the lane was a high wall blocking it, with a substantial wooden door with the notice that the door would be locked every Good Friday to prevent the route becoming a right of way.

Part way down on the right was an open yard that led through to the back door of the Shakespear Inn (Shakey) and this continued around a dog leg by the Methodist Chapel into Bradfield Road.

I can't find it at present but I'm sure that there's a map showing the name as Bradfield Place.

HD

We've covered this little lane before in a post about Hillsborough Corner.

At the bottom of the lane was a high wall blocking it, with a substantial wooden door with the notice that the door would be locked every Good Friday to prevent the route becoming a right of way.

Part way down on the right was an open yard that led through to the back door of the Shakespear Inn (Shakey) and this continued around a dog leg by the Methodist Chapel into Bradfield Road.

I can't find it at present but I'm sure that there's a map showing the name as Bradfield Place.

HD

​It is listed as "Bradfield Place" in the 1965 street directory.

The Archives have a file on this:

CA206 - Sheffield City Council, Planning Department  1976

Middlewood Road/Hawksley Avenue/Proctor Place/Bradfield Place/Bradfield Road, Sheffield        

Shops with mall & 1st floor car parking Applicant: Region Properties Ltd Architect: Shepherd, Fowler & Robinson