FIR VALE INFIRMARY

Lyn 1

This photo is in the collection held by the Sheffield's Historical Hospitals Group at the Northern General Hospital. It is from an old photo album possibly dated between 1930 - 1950 and has written underneath the photo -

Commemorative Plaque  

Fir Vale Infirmary

(after covering)

No one in the group can say where it was within the Fir Vale Infirmary or when it disappeared. I wondered whether anyone on the History forum who worked at or visited the Fir Vale Infirmary can tell us any more about it as the group is curious to know what the plaque had written on it as well as where it was actually situated. From 1930 until 1967 the Northern General Hospital was two separate hospitals situated on the same site, the City General Hospital and the Fir Vale Infirmary. 

Thanks

Lyn 

Commemorative Plaque FVI after covering..jpg

(Was this Keble ward at Fir Vale Infirmary?)

Sorry tried to load photo but failed. Can anyone tell me anything about Keble ward - where it was situated etc. 

Thanks 

Lyn

Hi Lyn,  Well, you knew a little bit about Keble Ward according to this earlier post:

I asked my wife whose mother worked on Keble if she could remember it's location but it's been a long time, her only recollection was 'in the vicinity of the laundry'.

Would there have been maps/diagrams/building plans?