Happy 8Th Birthday !

dunsbyowl1867

Sheffield History ! Launched this day in 2007 lol

Didn't realise that was the date we started dunsbyowl.

Something else to add to my list of things that have happened today to make me feel old.

Here is what I put on FaceBook status this morning.

11 February 2015.

How to make me feel old.

1 ) Today is my mums birthday. she is 84. I have been to visit her this morning to take her a card and a present, to spend a bit of time with her and make sure she is OK

2 ) Today is also my oldest grandson's birthday. A rather special birthday for him as he is now 18. Big meal and party for family and friends tonight.

3 ) On checking my FaceBook posts this morning it turns out that a young girl I taught in my form only a few years ago is suddenly all grown up, also having her birthday today and now in her 20s.

An octogenarian mother, a grandson that has reached the age of majority and ex students aged anything up to 50 something, - now that makes me feel old.

Here's to many more lol

Thanks History Dude.

One day later and today is my younger brother in laws, my wifes "little brother" 50th birthday.

...and before the year is out we will both be 60!!

I recently made contact with a college friend I hadn't seen for over 40 years. He told me he'd taken early retirement to become full-time carer for his mum. She was 105. I said that was quite an age and he said they were having a family party for her. Unfortunately her brother, aged 95 was unable to come as he had a prior commitment - he was talking part in a ballroom dancing contest in Weston super Mare!