Still Searching:

sixspeed

Hi. I am still trying to contact anyone who went to Tapton Secondary Modern School. I was a pupil there between 1966 and 1970. My first year teacher was Miss Ash/Mrs Beddingfield. If there is anyone out there who attended around that time please contact me.

Hi there. I went to TAPTON Sept 1964 to July 1968. My two form teachers during those years were Mr Grant and Mr Phillips. I remember the school houses were Brown, Firth, Mappin and Osbourne, and the lady who took us girls for sewing classes was Mrs Korklin. ( spelling might be wrong ) I am still good friends with two other girls that went there at that time.

I remember on 'hot days', an ice cream van was allowed to park at the gate entrance, and we could buy all kinds of flavoured ice lollies.

Mrs Corklin was my class teacher at Nether Green School. I am amazed she taught sewing because she was very handy with the cane. One parent complained about her after which she ranted to our class about being

"The Jewish Holy terror of Nether Green and only 5 foot tall"

Hi Old rider, thanks for the spelling correction of Mrs Corklin. Just checked with my old school friend, yes it was one and the same lady, a real little 'spitfire'. Always wore high heels to be at least the same height as some of us, every bit of sewing we did had to be 'inspected', before we could go on to the next thing. I was supposed to be making a yellow blouse, never did get it finished, got sick of the sight of it and chucked it in the bin. My friends and I also went to Nether Green, Sept 1960 to July 1964. One year our form class was down in the lower dining hall, our tables were set out to avoid the pillars. Don't  remember her being there then, but the head teacher was Mr Manterfield.