On 1851 Census Then Disappears

togger

Evening all,

Still trying to find Patrick May living in Liverpool and on the 1851 Census. My family are from Sheffield, but i don't know when they arrived in the City. If anyone can help i would be much appreciated. I have attached the 1851 census for your info

Regards

All I could find on Ancestry was a Patrick May death in Sheffield in April/May/June 1861. But Ellen living with kids or with Pat anywhere drew a blank. Any that came close had other children (not mentioned in the 1851) which were older than those listed.

In addition to my last post I have found a Catherine May in The 1861 Census shown as a Sister in Law to the McGahan Family, Living in Sandbach.

Hi

Thats defo Ellen in 1861 census because she is living at the same address as she was in 1851. I have not come across the McGahan family anywhere in my tree or searching's but it could be a lead. Now, I wonder what happened to James May because i find him on the 1851, 1881, 1891, 1901, 1911 census. I also know that he married in 1875 and died in Sheffield in 1922, but i cannot locate him on the 1861 or 1871 census. any ideas?

Hi

Thats defo Ellen in 1861 census because she is living at the same address as she was in 1851. I have not come across the McGahan family anywhere in my tree or searching's but it could be a lead. Now, I wonder what happened to James May because i find him on the 1851, 1881, 1891, 1901, 1911 census. I also know that he married in 1875 and died in Sheffield in 1922, but i cannot locate him on the 1861 or 1871 census. any ideas?

A James McGahan Married an Ann May in 1856 She would have been born around 1841.

Thanks for the lead. Dont you find it strange that there is no reference to James?

Possibility

Crew Lists 1861-1913

JAMES MAY

Made mark: Yes

Year of birth: 1848 Age: 20

Place of birth (transcribed): Turllingate, Nfland

Previous ship: First Ship

Vessel name: Heroine

Vessel official number: 1650

Anyone with a pair of fresh eyes willing to have another look at this for me please?

I still cannot find Patrick May b Ireland 1848 on the UK 1861 or 1871 census. I know that he is in Sheffield in 1874 because he gets married, but the preceding 20 years is still a mystery

Thanks