St Georges School ( Now Long Gone)

Guest happygrinder

Just dug a old photo up of the nativity play there about 1952 i am forth from the left anyone else recognise themselves lolattachicon.gifPhoto0037.bmp

I can't seem to reconize anyone but I'd say you were in the same year as Billy Smith ???

Guest happygrinder

I do not have a very good memory unless someone gives it a jog The only things i can recall is that one of my friends at that time was called Gorden Clayton (he had a false eye ) and i am 90% sure that my teachers name was Miss Bridgehams ? The same teacher that my mother had when she went to school there ps i can still remember the cowboys at the Western

I do not have a very good memory unless someone gives it a jog The only things i can recall is that one of my friends at that time was called Gorden Clayton (he had a false eye ) and i am 90% sure that my teachers name was Miss Bridgehams ? The same teacher that my mother had when she went to school there ps i can still remember the cowboys at the Western

Bill Smith was your age and lived in Netherthorpe Street.

I too remember the Weston picture house but only went there a couple of times until it closed

then as we got older it was the Roscoe and Oxford.