Barnado's/british Home Child

Guest Trefcon

Guest Trefcon

I watched a programme 'Finding the Fallen' the other month, it was about Will Maybury, a child from Sheffield sent to Canada in 1903 for a better life. He ended up serving and dying with the Canadian forces in WW1. I now have his photograph and his history. This came from a lady in Canada who i have had contact with before. Here is her tribute to the British Home Child.

Dean.

Thank you Dean. Still have not found what became of great grandma, Mary Ann Parker and her daughter Eliza. The  Will Maybury story was fascinating, as is most of the Finding The Fallen shows. Have a wonderful 2016 :) 

Hi

I have attached this postcard which I think is of the Training Ship Southampton. It was given to me by a relative and we believe my grandfather, who had been placed in a home, was sent there in the early 1900's. I went to Hull Archives to see if they had any records of boys who had trained on the ship but unfortunately they hadn't. There was mention of some boys and I wrote down the names of the ones from Sheffield but WILLIAM PARKER isn't on it. Just thought you might like to see the picture.

I watched your video and it was very moving.

Jenny

Training ship Southampton.jpg

Guest Cath Stannard
On 29/12/2015 at 9:35 PM, 30mmavenger said:

Thank you Dean. Still have not found what became of great grandma, Mary Ann Parker and her daughter Eliza. The  Will Maybury story was fascinating, as is most of the Finding The Fallen shows. Have a wonderful 2016 :) 

Was your Mary Ann Parker married to Irving Gower?