Postcard And Photograph Shops

Guest JSP

I will (finally) be visiting Sheffield for a few days in the coming weeks, does anyone know of any shops or antique shops which sell old postcards or very old photographs. I'm mainly thinking about victorian "carte du visites" from Sheffield.

Advice much appreciated as always,

JP

I will (finally) be visiting Sheffield for a few days in the coming weeks, does anyone know of any shops or antique shops which sell old postcards or very old photographs. I'm mainly thinking about victorian "carte du visites" from Sheffield.

Advice much appreciated as always,

JP

Can't help with shops I'm afraid, but I've built up a good collection of postcards from the late 19th/early 20th centuries, all of the Porter valley, and all from eBay. Most cost me around £1, I think the most I've paid was a fiver.

Abbeydale Road used to be the main drag for antique shops, I don't know if it still is.

Abbeydale Road used to be the main drag for antique shops, I don't know if it still is.

Thanks Bayleaf, I'll take a look!

I think Rare and Racy on Devonshire Street sometimes have postcards for sale.

I'd ring first to make sure though

0114 2701916

The Sheffield Auction Gallery in Heeley is the place to be on Friday the 12th of August. A collection of over a 1,000 postcards showing local events in Sheffield from the early 1900s are to be split into around 50 lots. The entire collection is expected to fetch more than £6000. One for white van man perhaps! W/E.