Myers Grove

RichardB

But it does contain a link to the OFFICIAL Myers Grove site.

That's 2 Myers Grove sites for the price of 1 lol

Or should I say BOGOF Myers Gove! :o

"Great oafs from little icons grow" :)

Where did I hear that?

"Great oafs from little icons grow" :)

Where did I hear that?

As a Norfolk School lad I would never insult Myers Grove.

I had 4 cousins and 2 girlfriends that went there.

Further to this, in the late 1970's with a school roll of over 2000 it was the largest school in the area.

As the school I work at in Derbyshire is also of a similar size it is the one school in Sheffield that I compare my current working conditions with.

Guest philb

Ex 'Grove' lad here.......I went there from 1963-67. Before that I was at Burgoyne Rd. Mr Hill was H/master,Mr Hunt deputy head,I also remember Mr Smith and Burgin PE,Mr Ward woodwork,Miss Fford whoa was the art teacher and our form teacher in lower school,Mr Edwards music,Mrs Fairclough French,Mr Vincent RE..

Was heartbroken to see it pulled down...... :(

Phil

Ex 'Grove' lad here.......I went there from 1963-67. Before that I was at Burgoyne Rd. Mr Hill was H/master,Mr Hunt deputy head,I also remember Mr Smith and Burgin PE,Mr Ward woodwork,Miss Fford whoa was the art teacher and our form teacher in lower school,Mr Edwards music,Mrs Fairclough French,Mr Vincent RE..

Phil

Has it been pulled down for good, or has it been rebuilt on the same site as a new school?

I thought there was still a school on the Myers Grove site but under a different name, - I think it's called something like "Forge Academy"

roughly around same time as me. Before Myers Grove. I went to Walkley school I. remember those mentioned and Mr smith PE teacher left in 1966. Hated the place 

Hi All,

Ex Myers Grove here, first year 1968 or 1969 (cant remeber), I think Mr Sanderson was in charge?

Pretty sure John Sherwood was one of the PE teachers