Ernest of Darnall

knightstemplar

Has anyone got any photos of Ernest who was always the fairy at the Darnall Medical Aid parade. lol He lived on Industry Rd which backed onto my grandmas garden. He was known by many people in Darnall. What did happen to him? Anyone know?

Sadly,Ernest Morley died a few years ago.My mother knew him from childhood.Since she is now 88,he would have been about the same age.Away from his female impersonations,he was a respected cancer nurse.I don't have any photos,but I'll ask around.

Dear Admin

Thank you for moving my post but I wouldnt put it in the Sheffield People Reunited as the bloke has passed away a few years ago, I did know that so put it in the chat part. Hm. I agree with Pc Infield he was highly respected and very caring.

Sue

Guest REDNECK

I remember Ernest very well. I was on a tram to Handsworth when Ernest jumped on in Darnall, bumping his head in the process. The conductor said " You had better put some butter on that lump, Ernest ." Ernest replied " What do you think I am - a bleeding teacake ? "

He was always the big hit at the Darnall Medical Aid Society Parade.

Has anyone got any photos of Earnest?

Search all your pictures of Darnall medical aid parades past and you might have taken a photo of a fairy whilst taking a picture of a float passing by. he he

Has anyone got any photos of Earnest?

Search all your pictures of Darnall medical aid parades past and you might have taken a photo of a fairy whilst taking a picture of a float passing by. he he

Was this the event that went on in High Hazels Park? If so I believe he may be in one of the pictures I took back in 1976.

Here is a picture of a float taken in the park in 1976: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3656/331078..._334af43d0c.jpg

I searched through my old photos and found this but I believe I have a couple of others.

P.Dewhurst

I've finally managed to trace a picture of Ernest,for a display I'm putting together for Darnall Carnival.

Many thanks to Paul License and Jane Salt of the Star for finding it for me.

Foun

On 27/03/2009 at 18:43, P.Dewhurst said:

Was this the event that went on in High Hazels Park? If so I believe he may be in one of the pictures I took back in 1976.

Here is a picture of a float taken in the park in 1976: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3656/331078..._334af43d0c.jpg

I searched through my old photos and found this but I believe I have a couple of others.

P.Dewhurst

Here you go -

image.png.f9c026d461b209c6268c0eff2c5ac839.png

The last time I saw Ernest was I think in the Bradley Well Darnall, Ernest was stood at the bar with a poodle under his arm and a wide brimmed hat on, I'd called in with my mate to see his father in law who had the same surname as Ernest ( no relation ) as my mate pointed out.