Thomas White

Stuart0742

Received by email

Good evening,

I recently bought a oil/vinegar set, it is silver plated, the marks make me think that it is made by Thomas White from Sheffield.

Can you help me with more information about him?

Kind regards Hetty Ruis

Tilburg, the Netherlands.

Does anyone have any information

Received by email

Good evening,

I recently bought a oil/vinegar set, it is silver plated, the marks make me think that it is made by Thomas White from Sheffield.

Kind regards Hetty Ruis

Hetty has know sent me a couple of photos

Looking further Hetty, I think we could possibly be on the wrong track here

The mark T.W was also used by a Thomas White of Birmingham and also by T Wilkinson & Sons also of Birmingham.

Thomas White, Birmingham - 1873 (registered Nov 1866)

Source

Guest jackiegear

Received by email

Good evening,

Kind regards Hetty Ruis

Guest jackiegear

Hi, I dont know when you asked about Thomas Whites silver. However I hope you get this message. He was my gt gt gt gr Grandfather and I have a photograph of him. I also have an old copy of the factory they had.His son had a manufacturers for fine silver William White born 1823, at Elcho factory in Sheffield. They also had a silver shop which Thomas daughter used to sell the silver at, on the high street in Sheffield.

Thomas White was married to Mary Bush, he was born 1796 and Mary was born 1791!! They lived in Hanover Street, in Sheffield. He was born in Brassington Derbyshire. His son William was a silver manufacturer and produced many beautiful and carved items from teapots to pocket knives ( of which I own!)

Thomas is part of a family rumour that we are related to the WHITES who used that alias when infact they were part of the Macgregor clan who were being chased in Scotland. We are supposed to be related to Rob Roy Macgregor and I have a photograph of William White, Thomas's son, in full kilt regalia, taken as a daguerro photograph in Glasgow, back in about 1850. I have many photographs of them including one of William White and Henderson and his wife who were in business together and had the trade make WW over JH as their silver mark.

i WOULD be interested in buying your oil and vinegar set if you are ever thinking of selling it.

Hope that helps. Best wishes JACKIE GEAR

Guest jackiegear

Here's a start

Thomas White, Silver chaser, 7, Burgess Street.

(White's 1833)

I have a picture of him and his son William, they are my gt gt gt and gt gt grandfathers. They can be seen in my family tree on ancestry.com under 'Cool family' I think it is free to look at members trees.

Guest jackiegear

Hi, I have only just found your email, after being sent a link by Sheffield archives. Thomas White made silver and silver around 1820-1840 0r 50. He was the father of my great great great Grandfather William White who had a silver mark WW &JH ie William White and John Henderson. I have photos of all of them including Thomas White. Old Daguerros. I would be interested in buying your vinegar set if you wish to sell it at any time. Can you tell me more about the mark. What does it say? Thanks and Best wishes JACKIE