Nether Edge Grammar School

Guest Alan Dennis

Guest Alan Dennis

Nether Edge Grammar School. Anyone around from 1939/1945? Headmaster, Mr. Smith. Len Buchan was tjhe English master - a real so and so, but a damn good teacher.

Guest Gramps

Nether Edge Grammar School. Anyone around from 1939/1945? Headmaster, Mr. Smith. Len Buchan was tjhe English master - a real so and so, but a damn good teacher.

I was there a decade later and remember Buchan very well, but if you could demonstrate that you understood the subjunctive, had reasonably neat handwriting and did your homework he wasn't such an ogre. At least he never had cause to use that slipper on me. lol

I was there a decade later and remember Buchan very well, but if you could demonstrate that you understood the subjunctive, had reasonably neat handwriting and did your homework he wasn't such an ogre. At least he never had cause to use that slipper on me. lol

You would be there at the same time as my Brother then as he was born in 1939. I have got a picture of the whole school taken while he was there but it is on my other pc but I can put it on later if anybody is interested.

Guest Gramps

You would be there at the same time as my Brother then as he was born in 1939. I have got a picture of the whole school taken while he was there but it is on my other pc but I can put it on later if anybody is interested.

I have that photo too...think I got it from Eric Youle's site, a few years ago now.

Here it is http://history.youle.info/index_negs.html

Guest Peter Lee

I was at Netheredge Grammar School from 1938 until 1943 and from there went to Dept. of Architecture, Sheffield University. Sorry, I cannot recall the name Alan Dennis. I now live in Devon

I was there in 1940 as a ***. Wore the brown cap with yellow stripes and the brown blazer. Cant remember

the names of any of the teachers anymore. Had to leave at the end of the first year after a road accident

put me in hospital for nine months. Fit for the army however and spent my service in Austria. Now live in

Vienna for almost 60 years. How fast time goes by!

Guest Paul Edward Gregory

I attended N.E.G.S. between 1943 and 1950. 1950 was the last year you could take the N.U.J.M.B. Higher School Certificate Examination. I would like to know if any of the students from this period are still around and where they are now. I am aged 82 and live in Oxfordshire.